Worker electrocuted in POGO site [Online gaming site being built in Imus]
August 22, 2019, 7:12 PM
By Anthony Giron
IMUS CITY, Cavite — A worker at the Kawit POGO site was killed Wednesday [Aug 17] after he was electrocuted by an air compressor dynamo.
Police said Jhonmark Lagos, 24, died at the Binakayan Hospital where he was taken.
Lagos was electrocuted when the metal door handle he held hit the air compressor dynamo behind it as he was leaving a room.
Police were determining if there was negligence on the part of the gaming operator.
An offshore gaming operation will be put up in this city.
Mayor Emmanuel Leonardo Maliksi said on Thursday Philippine Offshore Gaming Operators (POGO) building will be put up at a mall on Aguinaldo Highway in Barangay Tanzang Luma I.
Maliksi said the permit and other requirements for the POGO are being processed. He said he will reveal other details of the gaming site later.
Imus will be the third POGO site in Cavite. The two others are in Kawit and Cavite City.
The POGO building in Kawit is being built at the site of the former Island Cove Resort in Covelandia, Kawit.