Worker electrocuted in Tondo

Published by rudy Date posted on March 31, 2009

MANILA, Philippines – A 28-year-old construction worker suffered third-degree burns all over his body after he was electrocuted in a freak accident in Tondo, Manila Sunday, police reported yesterday.

Raxabago police station chief Superintendent Ernesto Tendero Jr. said Ronald Esquillo, who was working at a construction site along Magsaysay street, was carrying a steel bar whose end touched a live wire.

Esquillo was reported to be in serious but stable condition at the Mary Johnston Hospital.

Tendero said he is still determining if the owner of the house under construction could be held liable for the accident. -– Nestor Etolle, Philippine Star

April – Month of Planet Earth

“Full speed to renewables!”


Solidarity with CTU Myanmar,
trade unions around the world,
for democracy in Myanmar,
with the daily protests of
people in Myanmar against
the military coup and
continuing oppression.


Accept National Unity Government
(NUG) of Myanmar.
Reject Military!

#WearMask #WashHands

Time to support & empower survivors.
Time to spark a global conversation.
Time for #GenerationEquality to #orangetheworld!
Trade Union Solidarity Campaigns
Get Email from NTUC
Article Categories