Gov’t calls for cooperation to solve traffic, port congestion

Published by rudy Date posted on September 7, 2014

MANILA, Philippines – Understanding and cooperation. That was the request of Malacañang on Sunday to those involved in the port decongestion, which has been causing traffic jams in the metropolis.

“Hinihiling natin ang dagdag na pag-unawa at kooperasyon ng lahat ng sektor upang masolusyonan ang problema ng congestion sa Port of Manila,” Communications Secretary Herminio Coloma said during an interview over state-run radio.

(We are asking for additional understanding and cooperation of all sectors to solve the problem of congestions in the Port of Manila.)
He added that President Benigno Aquino III had already directed the creation of “Task Force Pantalan” to ensure smooth traffic to and from the port.

The announcement came after motorists plying the southbound lane of the North Luzon Expressway (NLEx) went through heavy traffic for several hours on Friday.

Coloma said the task force would be headed by the Philippine National Police with the coordination of the Metro Manila Development Authority, Philippine Ports Authority, Land Transportation Franchising Board, and local government units.

“Simula bukas, Setyembre 8, ililipat na sa Subic Port ang mga overstaying cargo container mula sa Port of Manila. Pagmumultahin ng P5,000 araw-araw sa bawat overstaying container ang mga kinauukulan simula sa October 1, 2014,” Coloma reiterated.

(Starting tomorrow, September 8, all overstaying cargo containers at the Port of Manila will be transferred to Subic Port. Those with overstaying containers will be fined P5,000 every day per container starting October 1, 2014.)

No conflict with Estrada

Coloma also said they are working with Manila Mayor Joseph Estrada amid reports that the former president was not willing to suspend the truck ban in the city.

“Wala pong conflict dito,” Coloma said. “Ang Lungsod ng Maynila at lahat po ng lokal na pamahalaan ay nagtutulungan at nakikipag-ugnayan sa pambansang pamahalaan hinggil dito.”
(There is no conflict here…the City of Manila and all local governments are working together and coordinating with the national government about this.)

He said that to adhere to the truck ban, they agreed with the local officials to implement a one-truck lane for Roxas Boulevard and areas where the truck ban is being enforced to help ease traffic.

Malacañang earlier said that the decongestion would last for two weeks. –Kristine Angeli Sabillo |INQUIRER.net

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/635915/govt-calls-for-cooperation-to-solve-traffic-port-congestion#ixzz3CiOiTCEV
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

April 2025

World Day for Safety and Health at Work
“Safety and health at work every day!”

Invoke Article 33 of the ILO constitution
against the military junta in Myanmar to carry out the 2021 ILO Commission of Inquiry recommendations against serious violations of Forced Labour and Freedom of Association protocols.
Accept National Unity Government
(NUG) of Myanmar.
Reject Military!
#WearMask #WashHands #Distancing #TakePicturesVideos

Time to support & empower survivors. Time to spark a global conversation. Time for #GenerationEquality to #orangetheworld!

Monthly Observances:

March – Women’s Role in History Month
April – Month of Planet Earth

Weekly Observances:
Last Week of March: Protection and Gender Fair Treatment of the Girl Child Week
Last Week of April – World Immunization Week

Daily Observances:
Mar 25 – International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transallantic Slave Trade
Mar 27– Earth Hour
Apr 21 – Civil Service Day
Apr 22 – World Earth Day
Apr 28 – World Day for Safety and Health at Work

Trade Union Solidarity Campaigns

No to Trafficking

Jobs! Jobs! Jobs!

Categories