by Nikka Valenzuela, Philippine Daily Inquirer, 7 Oct 2019
MANILA, Philippines — Two workers of a cooking oil company in Caloocan City were in critical condition on Sunday due to alleged chemical poisoning.
The police said that Limuel Ibe, 24, and Bobby Benitez, 25, were cleaning the facilities of Trans Asia Cooking Oil Co. around 9 a.m. when they went down an empty 5-foot deep grease trap.
After being there for around 30 minutes, the two passed out, according to Dr. James Lao of the Caloocan City Disaster Risk Reduction Management.
Both were rushed to East Avenue Medical Center in Quezon City, along with nine other workers who complained of dizziness.
Lao said the firm had denied reports that the workers were exposed to chemicals. He recommended that the Caloocan sanitation department inspect the facility. —