79 Pangasinan town workers infected

Published by rudy Date posted on October 4, 2020

by Eva Visperas (The Philippine Star), 4 Oct 2020

STA. BARBARA, Pangasinan – This town has recorded an unprecedented single-day surge in the number of coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID cases.

Mayor Joel delos Santos said 79 essential workers of a big company, which he did not identify, were found infected on Friday night.

Delos Santos said granular lockdowns were implemented in affected barangays aside from intensified contact tracing.

He said all the patients would be transferred to the municipal government’s isolation facilities.

Delos Santos said the premises of the company is among those under enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) under Executive Order 75 he issued on Friday.

The EO placed Barangays Tebag West, Maticmatic, Banaoang, Carusucan and Ventinilla under ECQ for 14 days in coordination with the regional inter-agency task force or IATF on COVID-19.

”Safeguarding the health of the populace while allowing our economy and livelihood to flourish is a continuing balancing act,” Delos Santos said.

No local transmission

Meanwhile, in Batanes, the provincial government said the 16 co-passengers of the two confirmed cases, who arrived in Basco on an Air Force plane on Sept. 22, tested negative for the virus yesterday.

The 86 frontliners who accommodated the passengers yielded negative results on Friday.

“We are confident that the first two confirmed COVID-19 cases in the province have been successfully contained and that there is no evidence of local transmission,” the provincial government said in a post on Facebook yesterday.

It said the two patients remain asymptomatic and are under isolation for continuous observation and management.

In Cagayan, Tuguegarao City, which reverted to modified ECQ starting yesterday, recorded 13 new cases.

The city health office said two children, aged 11 and seven, and a pregnant woman are among the patients.

The city recorded an increase in confirmed cases in the past two weeks, most of them traced to drinking binges.

Moratorium on LSIs
In Negros Oriental, the regional IATF approved the request of Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson for a moratorium on the return of LSIs from Oct. 3 to 9.

The task force said LSIs bound for Bacolod City would be allowed to enter only through the Bacolod-Silay airport.

Lacson said the moratorium would pave the way for decongestion and disinfection their quarantine facilities. – Raymund Catindig, Gilbert Bayoran

April 2025

World Day for Safety and Health at Work
“Safety and health at work every day!”

Invoke Article 33 of the ILO constitution
against the military junta in Myanmar to carry out the 2021 ILO Commission of Inquiry recommendations against serious violations of Forced Labour and Freedom of Association protocols.
Accept National Unity Government
(NUG) of Myanmar.
Reject Military!
#WearMask #WashHands #Distancing #TakePicturesVideos

Time to support & empower survivors. Time to spark a global conversation. Time for #GenerationEquality to #orangetheworld!

Monthly Observances:

March – Women’s Role in History Month
April – Month of Planet Earth

Weekly Observances:
Last Week of March: Protection and Gender Fair Treatment of the Girl Child Week
Last Week of April – World Immunization Week

Daily Observances:
Mar 25 – International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transallantic Slave Trade
Mar 27– Earth Hour
Apr 21 – Civil Service Day
Apr 22 – World Earth Day
Apr 28 – World Day for Safety and Health at Work

Trade Union Solidarity Campaigns

No to Trafficking

Jobs! Jobs! Jobs!

Categories