Comelec defers proclamation of party-lists with 2 nominees

Published by rudy Date posted on July 8, 2013

MANILA, Philippines – Six more winning party-list groups may have to wait a little longer to be officially proclaimed by the Commission on Elections (Comelec).

Comelec Chairman Sixto Brillantes said they have opted to defer the proclamation of winning party-list groups that have submitted two sets of nominees and withhold their certificates of proclamation (COP) until they are able to resolve their chosen representatives to Congress.

“We will be holding some other COPs since they are still disputing on (which is the rightful) nominees… those that have two factions,” Brillantes said.

He said the Comelec is already rushing a resolution that would resolve the problem of winning party-list groups with two sets of nominees.

Among the groups with two sets of nominees are Ako Bicol Political Party (AKB); Trade Union Congress Party (TUCP); Adhikaing Tinataguyod ng Kooperatiba (ATING KOOP); Anak Mindanao Party List (AMIN); Abakada-Guro (ABAKADA); and Citizens’ Battle Against Corruption (CIBAC).

AKB and CIBAC have secured two seats in Congress while TUCP, ATING KOOP, AMIN, and ABAKADA got one seat each.

AKB nominees are Christopher Co, Rodel Batocabe, and Alfredo Garbin Jr., as well as Emilio Ubaldo Jr., Pedro Ravanilla, and Rus Kristoffer Parcia.

CIBAC nominees are Luis Lokin Jr., Bibiano Rivera Jr., and Antonio Manahan Jr. as well as Sherwin Tugna, Cinchona Cruz-Gonzales, and Armi Jane Borje.

TUCP nominees are Raymond Democrito Mendoza, Anthony Sasin, and Miguel Niez as well as Roland de la Cruz, Alejandro Villaviza, and Temistocles Dejon Jr.

ATING KOOP nominees are Roberto Mascariña, Amparo Rimas, and Lancelot Padla as well as Isidro Lico, Gloria Futalan, and Ma. Socorro Calara.

For AMIN, the nominees are Amabella Carumba, Acmad Macatimbol, and Anthony Cuyong as well as Sitti Djalia Turabin-Hataman, Rowaisa Pandapatan, and Alejandro Plariza.

ABAKADA nominees are Jonathan de la Cruz, Alexander Lopez, and Rodolfo Tor as well as Artemio Tuquero, Lope Feble, and Pedro Dabu Jr.

The Comelec earlier withheld the certificates of proclamation of Buhay, Magdalo, and An Waray, after the Supreme Court issued an order lifting the disqualification of Senior Citizens and Abang Lingkod party-lists.

Buhay was the only group that was able to get three seats among all winning party-lists while Magdalo and An Waray were among the 13 groups that got two seats. –Mayen Jaymalin (The Philippine Star) with Paolo Romero

April 2025

World Day for Safety and Health at Work
“Safety and health at work every day!”

Invoke Article 33 of the ILO constitution
against the military junta in Myanmar to carry out the 2021 ILO Commission of Inquiry recommendations against serious violations of Forced Labour and Freedom of Association protocols.
Accept National Unity Government
(NUG) of Myanmar.
Reject Military!
#WearMask #WashHands #Distancing #TakePicturesVideos

Time to support & empower survivors. Time to spark a global conversation. Time for #GenerationEquality to #orangetheworld!

Monthly Observances:

March – Women’s Role in History Month
April – Month of Planet Earth

Weekly Observances:
Last Week of March: Protection and Gender Fair Treatment of the Girl Child Week
Last Week of April – World Immunization Week

Daily Observances:
Mar 25 – International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transallantic Slave Trade
Mar 27– Earth Hour
Apr 21 – Civil Service Day
Apr 22 – World Earth Day
Apr 28 – World Day for Safety and Health at Work

Trade Union Solidarity Campaigns

No to Trafficking

Jobs! Jobs! Jobs!

Categories