DOLE stops demolition of Baguio hotel

Published by rudy Date posted on October 8, 2015

MANILA, Philippines – The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) has stopped the demolition of the old Burnham Hotel in Baguio City.

Henry John Jalbuena, DOLE Cordillera Autonomous Region director, yesterday said he issued a work stoppage order following the death of a construction worker when a wall of the hotel collapsed.

Jalbuena said the city building and architects office issued a demolition permit without a DOLE-approved construction safety and health program.

Labor Secretary Rosalinda Baldoz said a team of DOLE inspectors found out that the worksite endangers the life of workers.

Baldoz gave assurance the DOLE would provide the necessary assistance to the affected workers, adding those responsible for the incident would be held liable. –Mayen Jaymalin (The Philippine Star)

April 2025

World Day for Safety and Health at Work
“Safety and health at work every day!”

Invoke Article 33 of the ILO constitution
against the military junta in Myanmar to carry out the 2021 ILO Commission of Inquiry recommendations against serious violations of Forced Labour and Freedom of Association protocols.
Accept National Unity Government
(NUG) of Myanmar.
Reject Military!
#WearMask #WashHands #Distancing #TakePicturesVideos

Time to support & empower survivors. Time to spark a global conversation. Time for #GenerationEquality to #orangetheworld!

Monthly Observances:

March – Women’s Role in History Month
April – Month of Planet Earth

Weekly Observances:
Last Week of March: Protection and Gender Fair Treatment of the Girl Child Week
Last Week of April – World Immunization Week

Daily Observances:
Mar 25 – International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transallantic Slave Trade
Mar 27– Earth Hour
Apr 21 – Civil Service Day
Apr 22 – World Earth Day
Apr 28 – World Day for Safety and Health at Work

Trade Union Solidarity Campaigns

No to Trafficking

Jobs! Jobs! Jobs!

Categories