By: Carmela Reyes-Estrope – Correspondent / @inquirerdotnet, November 23, 2016
(Updated, 12:02 p.m.) STA MARIA, Bulacan–At least two were reported dead and four were injured after a fireworks factory exploded in Sta. Maria, Bulacan on Wednesday morning.
In a report by radio DZMM, Bureau of Fire Protection-Bulacan identified the fatalities in the explosion that hit AA Fireworks factory in Pulong Buhangin as siblings Ashley Mayo, 2 years old, and 5-year-old Rylee Mayo. Another factory worker was injured.
Supt. Ranier Valones, Sta. Maria chief of police, said the explosion took place at sky rocket factory in Sitio Bangka-bangkaan, Barangay (village) Pulong Buhangin at around 8 a.m. It was declared fire out past 9 a.m.
Valones said police have yet to identify the owner of the store.
Citing Bulacan police, the radio report said the factory’s license to operate already expired in June.
Last month, a firecracker store also exploded in Bocaue town, dubbed as the firecracker capital of the Philippines because of numerous stores that sell pyrotechnics merchandise.With a report from Yuji Vincent Gonzales/IDL
Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/847077/2-kids-dead-in-bulacan-fireworks-factory-explosion#ixzz4Qomp9Yqh
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook